Monday, March 12, 2012

Week 6

Here are a few pictures that I have taken and edited that are going towards my theme of Bad Luck. I tried to capture a dark and gloomy mood in the color of my photos.


These pictures of someone picking up a tails-side-up penny is a symbol of bad luck.


Here are a few photos of split salt. Spilling salt is a traditional bad luck superstition. Please give me some feedback on how to make my photos look better and maybe some editing tips as well!



Here are two pictures of shoes that were left on a table. In the second one, I made the image black and white, but left the shoes the original color. I'm posting simliar pictures because I need feed back on what everythinks is the better one.


3 comments:

  1. I would maybe position the camera so that you could read the salt shaker canister a little better. I mean, I can tell what it is and what you are trying to get across, but maybe someone won't and this will make it a little clearer to them. But out of the two I would pick the second as the best one. Also maybe get something dark behind the salt shaker so that the white really pops. And position your light source so that it is shining on the salt and on the label of the salt shaker. Your concentration theme is really interesting by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above feedback. I do think the second salt shaker image is the strongest of the group. The composition is more interesting due to the diagonal lines of the salt shaker. There is a sense of danger too from the haphazardness of the fallen shaker and the low eye level. The other images are a little overly simple for a final portfolio. It's time to really push yourself and create more compelling imagery. I think your choice of side lighting is working well to emphasize the form of your objects.

    ReplyDelete